Friday, April 15, 2005

Falling off the bed

Last night, Milo fell off the bed. I think he only moved once and suddenly, he was at the edge and on the way down. I managed to grab his leg...but he continued his descent down the side. (I'm terrifed) He starting to cry...the kind of cry that is soundless in the beginning. (Help! Is he alright?) I cradled him in my arms and the wails came....(I'm feeling around his head, is he ok? Did he hit the floor?...Oh shit, what was i thinking? Why didn't I grab him before it was too late?)...he cried for about half a minute then went silent...(oh my baby!)..."ARE YOU OK? ARE YOU OK?"...(please don't scare me...I'm sorry..I'm sorry...please please...are you ok?) and just when i'm about to go crazy, he looks at his poster - the one that I pasted on the wall since he was a couple of weeks old - and makes a grab for it.(Oh god..thank you thank you! bad mommy bad bad...stupid mommy) I look at him now. He looks ok, a red patch on his forehead, the only reminder of his recent stunt. (if anything should happen to you, i'd die...and for sure i really would)